Patch 3.0.8 Warlock Changes
I highly recommend reading the full test realm patch notes since there’s a few cool non-warlock changes (no more racial mount restrictions, a few dozen new graveyards in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms, etc.).
If you’re only looking for warlock changes, you can find them below:
- Drain Mana now Transfers 3% of target’s maximum mana every 1 sec from the target to the caster (up to a maximum of 6% of the caster’s maximum mana every 1 sec). Lasts 5 sec.
Now I can’t whine anymore about Drain Mana being the worst drain spell in game. Mana Burn and Viper Sting received similar changes (percentage of mana instead of a fixed value).
- Ritual of Summoning Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.
- Demonic Knowledge now Increases your spell damage by an amount equal to 3/6/9% of the total of your active demon’s Stamina plus Intellect. (Down from 4/8/12%)
- Demonic Tactics now Increases melee and spell critical strike chance for you and your summoned demon by 1/2/3/4/5%. (Down from 2/4/6/8/10%)
- Demonic Empathy now affects all spells for 15 seconds. (Old - 3 next spells)
edit: Demonic Knowledge and Demonic Tactics changes are supposedly not going live so don’t panic yet (check the comments below). Demonic Empathy change looks positive to me, but I’ll let someone else do the exact math.
- Backdraft now also reduces the global cooldown of your next three Destruction spells by 10/20/30%.
- Chaos Bolt damage has been increased (from 1036-1314 to 1243-1577 for Rank 4).
Clearly two positive buffs for the Destruction tree.
There’s another change in the patch notes related to tagging mobs which again we announced in this post:
- Tapping: all player spells which cause a creature to become aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be tapped.
I can’t think of any class which will welcome this change as much as warlocks will.
Overall, there’s more buffs than nerfs which is certainly a good thing, but I was expecting more. Perhaps I’m wrong and we’ll start performing much better than I think, especially in PvP.