TCG Loot Giveaway
We recently obtained a few extra loot cards here and decided to give them away to our readers. Of course we won’t be giving them away for nothing, so we ask you to do one simple thing in order to participate: submit a guest post.
I’m sure there’s plenty of you evil-doers out there who want to share your insight with the rest of the community, and this is the perfect chance. All you have to do is write a post and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org within the next ten days.
Note: submissions closed!
Loot? What loot?
Ok, maybe we don’t have Spectral Tigers since they are a bit out of our budget, but who wants a tiger anyway. The rewards are:
What kind of post should you submit
No rants or generic warlock whines. We know the class is not top-notch at the moment but what we’re looking for are useful and insightful articles. I suggest you try your luck with some sort of how-to or guides (if you need examples, check our guides category). I won’t give specific topics since I don’t want similar submissions, but there’s more than plenty of stuff we didn’t explore here.
- The post should be 450 words or more
- Obviously, it must be written in English
- Does not necessarily have to be about warlocks, but it shouldn’t be about other classes either. We are primarily a warlock community here, so you can be sure that topic will receive a better response.
- You’re most welcome to include a link to your armory profile, and your website/RSS as long as it’s WoW-related and not excessively advertising or self-promoting (both the post and the site). It will be published with the post if you choose so.
- The post submitted must be original work written by you and not previously published. Don’t bother editing someone else’s work and submit it as your own either: we might not notice, but some of the readers surely will.
- Make sure the post has proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure. Doesn’t have to be perfect but do try your best. We reserve the right to make minor changes, but we won’t bother if most of your article needs editing.
- I recommend including at least one picture: it doesn’t have to be 100% relevant to the post as long as it fits. It’s not all about the words, presenting the post nicely is important as well.
- Make sure to send it from or include a working email so we can contact you! Your email won’t be published so no worries.
Ok cut the BS, how do I get the loot!
We (the locksucks staff) will choose the five best posts you guys and gals submit and publish them on the site for everyone to read. After we’re done, we’ll run a poll where our visitors will get the chance to vote for the best one. We’ll run the poll for a day or two, after which we’ll announce the top three posts and give out the loot accordingly.
Anything else I should know?
- You may submit more than one post, however you’re eligible for only one reward.
- You are more than welcome to ask your friends or guild mates to vote for your post or do other kinds of promotion as long as it’s not spam (myspace, twitter, facebook, realm forums or whatever else you can think of is fine, but keep it real). Do note we will watch the votes very carefully and any attempts of cheating will get you disqualified.
- Do provide a working email address so we have a way to contact you if you’re one of the lucky winners. The code for your piece of loot will be sent via email.
- By submitting a post for our giveaway you give us permission to post it on our site.
If you have any additional questions, shoot! The submissions will close on April 5th (no specific time) so make sure you send us your work in time. Good luck!